Tuesday, March 20, 2012

MVIS

Missouri Valley Impressionist Society has a paint out scheduled.  They do not post the address on the web site, so you will need to contact a member of MVIS for directions.  Gregory appears to be the contact person for this event.  913-707-8337.  I hope the weather improves!


March 24th on Kill Creek Rd down in Gardner KS. This will be at Elaine's place, which is a great place that has ponds, woods, creeks, fields, a lot of interesting and fun material for the perfect composition. If you have not received address to painting site, and directions, please give Gregoroy a call at 913-707-8337


One more note, on cleaning products.  Today I read an article on using baby oil to clean brushes instead of turpentine or Gamisol.  I have used baby oil to clean my hands , but not my brushes.  You 'recycle' it just as you would a turpentine product.  Rotating jars of used oil.  Once the paint settles to the bottom of the jar, pour off the good oil and reuse.  Sounds good to me.  When I run out of Gamisol, I am trying it.  After the cleaning with baby oil, wash the brushes with something like Murphey's soap or Ivory soap.

No comments:

Post a Comment